Suggested Outline for At-Home Learning:
A tip for maintaining your child's interest throughout the day: break their learning up over the course of the day, or give them breaks between activities. At school, we always do a GoNoodle or two when we switch from one subject to another.
- At least 45 minutes of reading (can be independent, read to child, or child reads out loud)
- Read a variety of genres - both fiction and nonfiction
- Write about reading (at school they would use their reading journal) - 15 minutes or more
- Pick out words they don't know, search for the meaning using context clues, dictionary, or online.
- Writing: free-write using a story starter or a prompt (links below)
Ideas and directions for some math games - this is a live document that both Ms. Hughes and I are adding to.
If you would like to use this, please email me or send me a message on Remind so I can send you the login information.