KES Family Compact
Kingfield Elementary School | MSAD #58
Parents are very important to their child’s success in school. They should be true partners with schools, working together to help their child reach their full potential. The family school compact is a voluntary agreement to share the responsibility for student achievement among families, school staff, and students.
Family - School Compact
- Provide a good healthy environment in which their child will have all his/her basic needs met.
- Educate their child about values around the topics of drugs, sex and pregnancy.
- Be supportive and proud of their children’s individual accomplishments and support them in school work.
- Model appropriate respect for rules and responsibilities in society.
- Communicate with the school about their children and their needs.
- Communicate with their children to monitor their needs and personal growth.
Teachers, Staff and Administrators will…
- Provide a healthy environment in which the student or students will experience support for their individual needs and goals.
- Treat all of the school community with respect.
- Model the life long learner philosophy by learning with the students.
- Show fairness and respect when dealing with disciplinary issues.
- Provide the best possible curriculum materials available to each student.
- Provide access to technology on a daily basis.
- Help students make appropriate choices in and out of school.
- Provide an environment in which students can enjoy the learning process.
- Give school their best effort and attention.
- Respect schools, staff, parents, themselves, and their peers.
- Be good citizens and accept responsibility for their own actions.
- Maintain a positive attitude and an open mind.
- Set goals for themselves and their learning.
- Be willing to take appropriate risks and challenge themselves academically.
- Take pride in their personal appearance and accomplishments.