1. The technology in The Capitol is extremely superior to the technology in District 12. In District 12 the Technology reminds me of an abandoned home. Everything works but its in horrible condition. At the Capitol its like all futuristic and such. Seriously? I want a shower that you can adjust the water heat to what ever level you want! I want a fan that blows me dry when I step out of said shower! I want a "robot" that will do my hair in the morning! Actually I think the hair one would be the gaget I would use the most. Apart from my IPod and Laptop of course, because you all know that I live on the internet. The technology differs quite a bit between the two places.
District 12- a place where most people don't even have showers- just buckets they fill with water and heat up
The Capitol- a place where the showers wash you and blow you dry. There is hardly a difference, right! #sarcastic.
Jeez! Don't these people at the Capitol care at all about the wellness of their people?????? Oh wait! They don't care at all! >:( If someone dies of hunger don't they say it was influenza or whatever???? :/ Maybe if they cared more, the people of the Capitol wouldn't have to cover like that! Jeez! Whats this world coming to?
2. Okay so the Avox girl fascinated me. Maybe it's because I love horror and I have seen Dead Silence. Dead Silence My friends, is a horror movie where this woman named Mary Shaw is accused of killing a little boy and then they cut her tongue out and kill her. She has a vengeance against this family and comes back to life and controls her ventriloquist puppets. She kills this guy named Jamie's wife and Jamie goes into a rage and tries to find Shaw. While he's trying to find her Mary starts "silencing" all of these people by cutting out their tongues. Wow! I got really off topic really fast! Yeah its a lot more complicated then I explained it to be. Just go watch the movie! It's awesome!!!!!! Back to the Avox girl. I think that she was running from the Capitol either because they stole something or they were running away from the hunger games. Those are the two biggest reasons I think she was running. At least they let her live! But cutting out her tongue was a little cruel. :P
3. I think that Haymitch wanted Peeta and Katniss to not to show their strength because when you train it is basically when you get to see what competitors can do. If you go into the games and people don't think that you are a strong competitor the will wait until the end to make a move on you. On page 41 Katniss says that the strategy of acting weak worked for Johanna Mason and she lasted until the end. I think Haymitch wanted the other tributes to go in with low expectations on their ability so they wouldn't go into full attack mode early.
4. I honestly think that the other contestants think that Katniss is full of herself and thinks that she honestly a bit full of herself. Except for the little girl who was watching her and Peeta train. Isn't her name Rue?? I think so. I think Rue is fascinated by Katniss in a weird sort of way. ..... Um yeah. When Rue is watching her and Peeta train she is looking t Katniss more like she is trying to figure out a mystery rather than just observing her skills. I wonder why she is acting like that... What do you think?????? I really don't know why she would she would observe her like that unless she thought Katniss looked familiar. Maybe they have some special connection.... Okay I have to say this. This vacation I was incredibly bored and tried to find Youtubers that resembled some of the tributes. .... I know. I just happen to be an insane person that has access to a computer...... So yeah...
5. Oh I love this question! I love Katniss's relationship between both Peeta and Gale. :) I think it has the classic twist of a love triangle. Then again this book is not about love. I think that it is a little strange that the way both relationships turn out. In the beginning of Katniss's and Gale's relationship Gale thought Katniss was stealing. I don't know about you but if I thought someone was stealing my stuff I would probably not want that person as my friend. Although, after Gale accuses Katniss of stealing, she kinds of jokes around with him when he asks to see her bow. This was on Page 111. I think it's a very odd way to start a friendship. And then on the other hand she has Peeta. Peeta had given her the bread and stopped her from starving. I think that if I was in that situation I would want to be friends with the bread boy. It would have been a great friendship starter. But Katniss now hates Peeta although he saved her life. I guess she doesn't really hate him, she just doesn't want to get too close to him and then have to kill him. That would stink. I know I would not want to kill a friend of mine. Even a friend that is not very close to me. I would just have this terrible conscience telling me that I was a horrible person.
6. Awe. I think Peeta made a very bad choice. I think that he should have stayed with Katniss just to know her battle strategy. Also it was a very bad idea to make Katniss think that he wanted to know battle strategies to defeat her. You all know that, that is the conclusion she jumped to. It was a bad idea to get on Katniss's bad side. I honestly think that he asked to be coached separately because he wanted his own strategies in the games that Katniss didn't know about. Another thing was I thought that Peeta and Haymitch would talk about how he would introduce his little crush on Katniss. I also think that it was a good thing to coach them separately. I honestly think Katniss needs to go solo and have no attachment to anyone and just fight.
I think the Gamemakers were so fascinated with Katniss's temper because they need some tributes that are "fiery". No pun intended. Actually there was a pun intended. Sorry. Hehe. I think that they gave her such a high score because they think she will be a good person to entertain them in the games.
7. OMG! I loved this chapter! Peeta made me laugh so hard! I mean it's hard enough to tell a person that you like them in real life, but to say it in front of the entire country of Panem..... WOW. I think Katniss will react and like almost kill Peeta. I think she will push him down and just scream at him. Sounds like her. If I was Katniss I would just sit there on a couch and be like...... Wow. That was kind of expected. I wouldn't kill him over telling the truth. But wait! How does Katniss know that he is telling the truth??? I hate to say this about Peeta but does anyone else think that he might be lying? When I first read chapter 9 I was like, No! Peeta is not telling the truth! He just wants Katniss to have a soft spot for him so she won't kill him in the games. That was my first reaction. Now I'm not so sure. It doesn't seem like something Peeta would do. Does it? I don't know.....
8. HAHAHA!!!! I can just imagine Gale's face as he sees what Peeta has to say. I think he would be disgusted at Peeta's confession and think that he was just using the weaknesses in the crowd. By that I mean, you all heard the way the crowd just melted when Peeta confessed his love for Katniss. I think Gale thought that he was just appealing to the crowd. I thought that Gale would start hating Peeta because of the way he just gushed about his long love for Katniss. I really think that the anger that Gale feels toward Peeta will be directed to jealousy. I really think that he won't be jealous because he saw Katniss's face when he said that. I think he will laugh because he knows how Katniss is and the way she hates drama. I think he knows after so many years with Katniss that she has no emotional attachment to anyone but her family and him.
Okay the other day I was searching the internet and I found a video about the hunger games. Its more a music video. I love it SOOOO much!!!! It's by one of my favorite youtubers. Winterspringpro. I cant exactly feature the video on my blog but it would be really, REALLY awesome if you went to go check out the video at home. I cant get the URL on here because it it blocked but just type in Hunger Games Britney Spears and it should be the first result. Go check it out!!!!!!!